The City of Corning, known as the “Olive Capital”, is located 110 miles north of Sacramento in the fertile valley of Northern California right off Interstate 5.
An agriculturally-based community with “small town” charm, Corning is home to the largest olive processing plant in the United States as well as award winning olive oil producers and olive product retailers. Though olives are our main crop, other area crops are walnuts, almonds, prunes and figs.
We are 5 miles from the Woodson Bridge State Recreation Area at the Sacramento River and 1 ½ hours to Lassen Volcanic National Park. Corning has three excellent travel centers, many first-class motels, RV accommodations, and the Rolling Hills Casino and Resort including golf course and hunt club. ~ Information from Corning Chamber of Commerce
This Corning California commercial property is for sale. See Investment Page.
- Corning, California Chamber of Commerce – Information about the area.
- Corning, California Community Guide –Directory of local services and things to do.
- City of Corning, California — Information about the city and city services, etc.
- The City of Corning, California (pop 7663), was incorporated in 1907 and provides a full range of municipal services including Police, Fire, Parks and Recreation, Library, Public Works and Municipal Airport. Located just 25 miles northwest of Chico and 17 miles south of Red Bluff, Corning is perhaps best known for its award-winning olive products.
- Aerial View of Corning, California -- Great views of the area.
- General information – Lots of information on the area, events, etc.
- Photographs of Corning, California — Events, historic photos, etc.
- ECV Lassen Loomis #1914 — A group involved in local events and more.